With a final look back at 2022, we’re rounding up the most searched and visited blog posts from last year. Our most popular topics were primarily concerned with identifying and preventing different types of identity theft and scams.
Our readers were interested in topics that covered how criminals can steal their money, access their personal data or take over their accounts or devices. Consumers also want to know how to help protect themselves from various scams.
The top 10 most popular blog topics on the IdentityIQ website last year include:
- What to Do if My Email Is Found on the Dark Web?
- How are Hackers Targeting Your Devices Through Bluetooth?
- How Important are Phone Software Updates?
- How to Not Get Scammed Buying Tickets
- How Can I Find Out If Someone Is Using My Social Security Number?
- What Happens if a Scammer Has Your Email Address?
- What Is Social Media Account Cloning?
- How To Avoid and Report Boss Scams
- How to Protect Yourself from Rental Scams
- Can My Identity Be Stolen from My Birth Certificate?
Our team of IdentityIQ experts continuously monitors identity theft trends to ensure we’re providing the most up-to-date resources and education on identity theft and criminal scams.
In addition, we strive to make our blog a premier source of knowledge that gives consumers the information and tools they need to help protect their identities.
Want the latest identity theft protection and credit monitoring news delivered right to your inbox? Enter your email in the subscription box on the right of the page to get advice, news and tips on identity protection in our monthly newsletter.
Educating yourself about identity theft, and knowing the best ways to help protect yourself, is an important part of the battle. But doing the actual work of protecting your identity and credit requires constant diligence.
Consider signing up for identity protection with IdentityIQ services. You receive regular copies of your credit report and gain access to a team of experts that monitors your personal information and alerts you of possible warning signs of identity theft.
And you get tools to help protect yourself, ranging from technology such as antivirus software to protect your personal information to identity theft insurance, underwritten by AIG, that covers you from losses if you become a victim.